I am so delighted to have been nominated for a Liebster award by a fellow blogger!
The Liebster award is open to new bloggers that have been blogging for under two years and have less than 1K followers. It is a wonderful honor that encourages newbies, like myself, by introducing them to a wider audience, and providing empowerment with a pat on the back that says, “Hey! We see you! And we love what you’ve got going on!”
Now, when the hysterical Alexis of Mrs. Mombie nominated me, she explained that this award did not, in fact, involve “heavy gold trophy ladies,” but was an opportunity for fellow bloggers to recognize their colleagues.
You mean one of my favorite bloggers considered me as someone worth reading and recognizing? DAY.MADE.
Alexis and I met on Instagram – and by met, I mean I kind of stalked her for a few months, admiring her effortlessly hilarious, fantastically authentic voice. Each time I read her musings I feel as though I am talking to the best friend I’ve had since childhood, or that I have slipped into that favorite t-shirt that I’ve had for a decade, because wearing it just feels so comfortably right.
If you need a laugh shaken up with #truth and topped with a splash of sarcasm, then Mrs. Mombie is your girl!
Now, back to the Lieby..(can I call it that?)
Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees:
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
My responses to Alexis’ questions:
1. What is the focus of your blog?
I write about motherhood, marriage, and all of the soul-searching that comes along as we journey through these seasons of life.
2. What is your all time favorite blog you’ve ever written?
I am very proud of Chasing Your Joy. It is one of my earliest pieces, and I feel as though its publication validated my journey as a blogger. That is not to say that it validated my place in the blogosphere, but it did help to sort through and validate my reasons for embarking on this venture.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The creative space it provides! I love spending most of day creating with my children, but watercolors, Lego robots, and play-doh can only take you so far before you start to go little crazy.
4. How do you deal with internet trolls?
Eeek. I honestly haven’t encountered many yet. When my first piece was published on Scary Mommy, I was prepared for the nasty comments, but I don’t think that I’ve published anything controversial enough to call the trolls from their bridges. When they do emerge, I am probably going to try to be tough, but I will likely cry into some Ben & Jerry’s. (Did you know they make non-dairy, now??) Because I’m sensitive. And then I’ll get into some feisty comment battles. Because I’m also quite opinionated.
5. What is your favorite thing about motherhood?
Oh man, there is so much to love. My absolute favorite is having the privilege of witnessing these beautiful, little butterflies emerge. It is the joy of discovering just who these amazing people are — what delights and amuses them, what intrigues and excites them — and the hope that you can give them just what they need to someday use their wings to spread that beauty everywhere.
But not just yet…
And baby snuggles are a very close second.
6. What is your least favorite thing about motherhood?
Bath time. End of the day. Three exhausted kids. Insisting they need to stay mud-covered. Floor covered in water. Bath time gets the best of me most nights!
7. How do you give yourself grace and provide opportunities for self-care?
Oh, my biggest challenge! With an infant and two older children to homeschool, I find myself giving to others all day long, most days. (Don’t we all feel this way, at some point in out lives?) For now, grace looks like forgiving myself when our days were less than stellar. Instead of beating myself up and drifting into the void of self-deprecation, I search for the little moments that I felt I got right. Even if I can just find one on the really rough days, I hold tight to it and acknowledge that I am human.
The self-care department needs some serious attention. Now that I am on the brink of emerging from the postpartum haze, I am eager to return to practicing yoga and waking early to get in an hour of quiet and reflection before the mayhem begins.
8. What do you love about yourself?
My ability to find the beauty in the world and in all of humanity. Although, perhaps it isn’t an ability, rather an intentional practice.
9. What is one aspect of your personality that you hope your child(ren) will acquire?
Resilience. I hope that my children know that life will come with sorrow, yes, yet there will always be a little spark of strength within to tap into and keep going.
And compassion. (I know, I just chose two aspects. Whoops!)
10. What is your favorite Netflix show to binge watch? Not a TV person? What is a book you’ve read multiple times? Love TV and books? Answer both!
Madmen!! I might have even faked a stomach bug when I binged on the first season… I love the era, the drama, the style, and I LOVE Don Draper.. Just don’t tell my husband. Just kidding. He totally knows.
And, every couple of years since I was twelve years old I have read To Kill A Mockingbird. It is my all-time favorite, and every time I read it, I discover new wisdom.
11. If money were not an issue, what is your dream job/career?
Since I was an eight-year-old little girl, furtively writing in my journal each night, I have longed to be a writer. When I allow the space in my head for dreams, it looks something like filling pages with words that uplift and inspire others. And maybe a little bit of traveling around the country to bring women together in big, uplifting group-hugs. And perhaps a bit of crossing the oceans to inspire a few more women with my best-seller. Okay, so I have some big dreams..
And now, for my nominees!
Discovering new blogs has been one of the most rewarding aspects of my journey thus far. When I began, I had no idea what an incredible community I would find, and I count myself lucky to amongst such talented, strong women. There is nothing more beautiful than women empowering each other — and that is precisely what my blogging village does.
Cassie of The Chronicles Of Motherhood
Kathy of Your Girl Blogs
Gloryanna of Only A Season
Vivianna of Mums Orchard House
Abigail of DIY And Dinosaurs
Annie of MommaJeans
Ladies, here is what I would love to know about you:
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What has been your biggest challenge in pursuing your blogging dreams, and how have you worked through it?
3. If you could offer one piece of advice to someone who would like to begin their own blogging journey, what would it be?
4. What makes you most happy?
5. What is one thing you wish you could rid the world of?
6. How do you nurture yourself on the rough days?
7. How do you recognize and celebrate the best days?
8. What is the most beautiful sight you have ever seen?
9. If your loved ones described you in only three words, which words would they choose?
10. Picture your life ten years from now. What do you see?
11. You have an entire, uninterrupted day to yourself. How would you spend it?
I am so excited to read your posts, and am absolutely thrilled to call each of you my colleagues! Cheers!!